Thursday 13 June 2013

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU...[FIRST EVER GREETING CARD]

In two months time everything will be finished.10th exams were nearing. Everyone but I was serious about
studies. While I was serious about my love! I was in love with her ever since I met her. It was way back in 7th standard. She was a relative of mine. I never told her that I loved her so much. Even she didn't tell me anything sort of that. But both of us knew each other that we were in love (At least I thought). No words were spoken. It was just the meaningful glances between us sent the messages across.

All of my friends were busy collecting autographs.But I wanted to gift something different for a special person. I decided to buy a greeting card for her. But when the shopkeeper started showing me the collection of greeting cards he had in stock, I got confused which one to choose. Everything he had shown me was better than the previous one. What I want was a greeting card which would brief my message to her in crisp sentence. more than 200 cards were in front of me. Finally I chose a card on which it was written 
"I  WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU"!

I couldn't sleep that night. I put the greeting card below my pillow and dreamed her. But God had other plans. Next evening I was walking back from school and saw her walking ahead of me. I called her up in trembling voice and went near her. There was a wrapper in her hand. I handed over the greeting card. But I was shell shocked when I came to know that she also had bought a card for me. When she passed me the card, I though I would have a cardiac arrest then and there. But nothing happened. I went home and locked my bedroom from inside and remove the wrapper and read what she wrote in the card. It read
" YOU ARE MY BROTHER FOREVER!"

I realized that It was all my false. I misjudged her glances. She might have seen a brother in me. I saw a lover in her. Clash of perceptions are common in life. True I was shocked and depressed for some months. 

After 9 years I saw her with her Husband and kids, during a function. She introduced me to her husband. Awkward moment! [Imaging your ex girlfriend introducing you to her husband !]

But I relived in that five words she had written on that greeting card " YOU ARE MY BROTHER FOREVER!". I smiled, they smiled and it was all smiles at the end!

Thanks for your time
Sharath Muthirakkal

No comments:

Post a Comment