Saturday 19 November 2011

The Irresistible Chetan - New face of Indian literature

     They say Chetan Bhagat makes India read. Whatever it may be, Chetan Bhagat is the author who made me read. I have never read English novels till I picked 'Five point Someone-What not to do in IIT'. I just read the prologue and stopped only after finishing the book at a stretch. I felt fresh and cool after reading the book and soon I realized I was in love with Chetan the great, who made an idiot to read an English Novel. On the same day itself I completed ' One Night @ Call center'. My love for Chetan was multiplying and it made me read more books of other authors. Paulo Coelho, Subroto Bhagchi, Arundhathi Rai, Sasi Tharoor, Robin Sharama, Sidin Vadukut, Durjoy Dutta are few of them. But who has introduced them to me?? Mr. Chetan Bhagat The great !!
    I wonder what is working with Chetan's books, which hits the best seller always. He is the new generation marketer altogether. We studied no?, Marketing is all about delivering what people desire for, Cehtan doing exactly that, No writer in India have understood what Indians want to read, What are the demands of youngsters, What are their feelings towards the society, government, system etc. Chetan is not a purist in terms the language he use, Grammar he apply as like many other writers, Yet he make huge difference!!
    Guess what is the secret??    ' OBSERVATION' !!
 He is the greatest observer I have ever seen in the whole world. He watch objects, people, situations etc. so close that one could hardly imagine. Once in an interview a lady was literally barking at Chetan for not using standard English. Chetan replied, " dear mam', it doesn't matter what is the standard of your language as long as people loves it, and more over I am writing for the people in India and my inbox will tell you what they want and what are they looking for. If you want heavy standard, books are available in plenty . As long as Indians loves me, my standard would be this. An Indian standard !! ". A loud applause followed.
   3 Mistakes of my life and 2 states- the story of my marriage were yet again the best sellers and the promotion of these books were awesome too. Chetan has got a huge fan base across the world. Most of the teenagers in India would be owning at least one of the Bhagat books for his/her own for sure. That it self is just enough to understand the impact he already made in Indian literature arena. His latest book Revolution 2020 gonna be a revolution in both of it's selling as well as the spark it gonna create on the society. Book came in the right time, where young India were in the streets lead by Anna hasare demanding for a corruption free, equal society and a NEW INDIA. Chetan's books had been referred for many successful as well as non-successful movies. But his books never fell in the later category. 
  Chetan has inspired me, not only to read but also to write. Nobody in this world would have ever thought I could write a paragraph as my own. But he made it possible. I love you Chetan Ji :) . I dream of Chetan seeing my post and calling me. In fact you are the man who gave me the wings, Chetan.
I know a zillion thanks would not be enough.

Thank you so much Chetan...

 Looking forward for more :)

Thanks for your time
Sharath Muthirakkal

2 comments:

  1. u r absolutely rte dude ....
    he is d person who gave me confidence to read english books ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "OBSERVATION" !!...He is a great writer and a good marketer too...

    ReplyDelete